Saturday, July 23, 2011

8 Month Birthday

Here are my new accomplishments since turning 8 months old:

*I can sit up now! I am getting better at pulling myself back up if I lose my balance, but sometimes I still fall.
*I am just now starting to bring my knees under me to scoot a little. I don't do this all the time though. When I do, it is usually only one knee and only one time.
*I roll ALL the time! I find a toy that I want and I roll to get there! I am really good at it too!
*I am able to grab toys even when I can not see them. My peripheral vision is awesome!
*When I am on my belly I like to kick my legs and arms - it looks like I am trying to swim.
*I can move around in a complete circle while on my belly.
*I can now play peek-a-boo all by myself.
*I like to hold my bottle when there is not much milk left in it. I actually like to hold it from the bottom
*I am still drinking 6 oz of milk and get to eat solids for breakfast and dinner.
*My favorites are mango's and peaches.
*I get very jealous when other people are eating and I can not.
*I still do not have any teeth yet, but I LOVE to gnaw on everything I put my hands on.
*I have become more vocal. I am making the sounds of 'b', 'ba', 'bu', 'd', 'ha', 'hi', 'hu', 'm', 'a', and 'u'. I do not know I am making the sounds - I just do it.
*I LOVE to laugh and smile.
*I am generally a really happy baby unless I am hungry or fighting sleep and tired.
*My eyes are still changing color - light brown with a little green.
*My hair has really started to grow. It is a light brown for now and sticks up.
*I still smile after I sneeze.
*I move around a lot at night while sleeping in my crib. I really like sleeping on my side or belly with my hands under my forehead.
*I am wearing 6-9 month clothes.
*I am in size 2 diapers.
*I still LOVE bath time. I am starting to out grow my bath tub since I am getting so long.
*My acid reflux is the same as last month. I get 2 ml of Prilosec 3 times a day.
*I see Ms. Lisa and Ms. Joan for feeding therapy. I try and go once a week or at least once every two weeks.
*I enjoy going for walks in my stroller.
*I do not like when the sun gets in my eyes.
*I like playing with the telephone and remote.



I now weigh 16 lbs and 1 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment