Thursday, September 22, 2011

9 Month Birthday

My Mommy is SUPER behind in posting this - she says she is very sorry. Time has just gone by too quickly. Well, I forgive her so I hope you will too!

Here are my newest accomplishments since turning 9 months old:

*I am crawling now! At first I crawled a 'modified army crawl' but after a few weeks of that I figured out how to crawl normally. Man I can get anywhere I want and I get there FAST!
*I can move around in a circle while sitting up on my bottom, but only using my feet and heels.
*I am still drinking 6 oz of formula (Nutramigen), but I eat solids for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
*Daddy is making most of my food now.  For breakfast I eat oatmeal mixed with a fruit.  For lunch I eat a mixture of veggies.  For dinner I eat a meat and veggie mixture.
*My favorite dish that Daddy makes is chicken, sweet potatoes, apples, and roasted onions - yummy!
*My favorite fruit is mango and peaches.  I also really like pears.
*My favorite vegetable is sweet potatoes, but I also like spinach and broccoli.
*I still do not really like to hold my bottle that much.  I prefer that Mommy or Daddy hold it for me.
*When Mommy and Daddy eat dinner, I REALLY want to be eating too!
*I got my first tooth (well actually my first 2 teeth) when I was 9 1/2 months.  It was the bottom 2 teeth.  I handled it all really well.  I only had a fever for one night and was not really that fussy either.
*I LOVE to put anything and everything in my mouth!
*I am really 'talking' now.  I like to make lots of sounds.
*I LOVE to smile and laugh and squeal!
*My eye color is hazel.
*My hair has REALLY grown in the last month.  It is pretty fine and sticks straight up.  The color is a light brown.
*I usually sneeze 3-4 times and smile afterwards.
*I move around a lot at night in my crib.  I favor the top right corner while sleeping.
*I am wearing 6-9 month clothes.
*I am still wearing size 2 diapers but will be out of them soon!
*I am taking a bath in the big tub now - I have out grown my baby bath tub!  It is so cool to be in the big tub.  There is so much more room to move around and play.  I LOVE bath time!
*I am still taking 2 mls of Prilosec 3 times a day for my acid reflux.  It is getting better now though!
*I am still going to Carolina Pediatric Dysphagia every week for feeding therapy.
*I enjoy being outside and going for rides in my stroller.
*My favorite toys right now are: plastic cups, empty plastic bottles, any kind of ball, remote controls, and cords.  Mommy and Daddy keep me away from the remotes and cords though.
I love to chew on my fingers
Checking my length compared to the monkey Uncle Kory and Aunt Kori gave me while in the NICU
Weight - 18 lbs 3 oz which is 10th percentile on the regular growth chart

Height - 26.5 in which is 5th percentile on the regular growth chart

Head Circumference - 44.4 cm which is 25th percentile on the regular growth chart

No comments:

Post a Comment