Tuesday, January 10, 2012

14 Month Birthday

I turned 14 months old on January 6th. 

Here are my newest accomplishments since turning 14 months:

*I am officially a walker now!  I am still unable to get up off the floor to a standing position so I crawl over to something (really fast by the way) to stand up and then I am off!  Mommy says I waddle from side to side while walking, but I think it's cute.  I also put out my hands in front of me and have a big smile while walking.  I am pretty proud of myself!
*I am still into EVERYTHING!  Mommy and Daddy are having to baby proof the house again now that I can reach higher up and pull things off of shelves.
*I am drinking whole milk now out of a straw cup...no more bottles - well except before bed.  I also drink thickened water (with Simply Thick because I aspirate) and milk out of a regular open faced cup.
*I am eating all kinds of foods now.  I love snacking on crunchy things such as gold fish, graham crackers, Ritz crackers, Cheerios (Apple Cinnamon & Fruity) & cookies.
*I love chicken, Salmon, pasta, lasagna, and any green vegetable (I know - the opposite of my Mommy).
*I LOVE breakfast foods - eggs and pancakes are my favs!  I also enjoy bananas and applesauce.
*I am eating off of a plate now and can feed myself with a spoon with a little guidance from an adult.  I sometimes though get really excited and shove handfuls of food in my mouth all at once.
*I sometimes don't do a great job at chewing my food.  I tend to swallow it whole without chewing.  Because of this and my aspirating I still go to feeding therapy and see Ms. Lisa usually every other week.
*At day care I am eating like such a big boy!  In my infant class I have been eating the toddler lunch to prepare me for when I move up to the 1 year old class.  This means that Mommy doesn't have to pack my snacks and lunch anymore which she LOVES!  Ms. Colleen told Mommy that I will me moving up to the toddler class January 17th.
*I have chubby cheeks and a milk belly!
*I have 4 teeth - two on the top and two on the bottom.
*I still put everything in my mouth before I play with it.
*I jibber jabber all day - LOTS of sounds.
*My first words were: Momma, hey, bye bye, more, Dadda,
*I point to everything now - especially when I want something.
*I can point to my nose when asked and wave hello and goodbye.
*I understand a lot of words but haven't figured out how to say them yet.
*I have learned to associate names with objects such as tree, sun roof, balls, hockey, tv, phone, light.
*I enjoy looking at books but I have to turn the pages.
*I LOVE to pull things out and then put them back in.
*I smile constantly and laugh a lot!
*I am really ticklish.
*My eye color is hazel and my hair color is light brown.
*I got my first haircut on Mommy's birthday (I was 13 months old)
*I usually go to sleep around 8:30 and wake up around 7:30-8:00.
*My naps at home vary in time from 1-2 hours, but at school I consistently sleep 2-2 1/2 hours.
*I am not the biggest fan of my car seat for long duration's of time - unless I am sleepy.
*I am in a big boy car seat now and have been for about a month.  I can now look out the windows and see Mommy and Daddy better now.
*I am wearing 12 month clothing and some 18 month shirts.
*I am doing great with keeping my shoes on.  I don't really try to pull them off anymore.
*I am wearing size 3 diapers, but will be moving up to size 4 any day now.
*I still LOVE bath time.
*I don't have to take Prilosec anymore for my acid re flux!
*I sometimes show stranger anxiety, but not often.
*I am starting to cry when I see Mommy or Daddy leave sometimes.
*I am not afraid of the dark.
*I love opening and closing doors.
*I love pushing any of my toys across to room.
*I love throwing and knocking over my toys.
*I still enjoy playing in the kitchen cabinets and playing with the pots and pans.  Daddy put locks on all the cabinets and doors except for one for me to play in.
*I still enjoy climbing up and down stairs.  I do a really good job at turning around backwards to go down the stairs.
*I still enjoy playing in the refrigerator, but now my favorite is the dish washer.  As soon as I hear Mommy open it, I am in the kitchen so fast to play in it.


At 14 months old I weigh 22 pounds and 3 ounces.

No comments:

Post a Comment