Friday, September 14, 2012

Tweetsie Railroad

Me, Mommy, Daddy, Mawmaw and Pawpaw left from Mawmaw's house this morning and headed to the mountains. We were going to Tweetsie Railroad for the day and then down to Boone to visit Appalachian State which is where Mommy and Daddy both went to college.  It was a beautiful sunny day out and we made the best of it!  We got to ride on a chair lift, which by the way was my first time riding one and I didn't even get to wear skis. Once at the stop, I played on a playground, fed llamas, goats and deers.  I even got to ride a small train that went into a spooky, dark tunnel, but I didn't get scared!  We then headed back down the chair lift which I loved, but it made Mommy and Daddy nervous because there were no straps holding me in!  Once at the bottom, I rode my first ever Ferris Wheel with Mommy and Mawmaw!  It was super cool and went way high!  We then rode the merry-go-round which is always a favorite of mine!  After all this fun it was then time to board the big train - or as I call it 'choo choo'.  I was so excited to finally be on my first real train!  We had to wait about 10 minutes before it took off.  Once it started moving down the tracks I was fast asleep.  I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore even though I tried really hard!  I actually slept the entire train ride - even through all the gun fire and yelling with the Cowboys and Indians.  As the choo choo arrived back at the station, I woke up.  We then started to leave the park and head to Daniel Boone Inn to eat dinner...yum yum!!!  It was such an awesome day and I can not wait to go back to Tweetsie when I get bigger!  Thanks Mawmaw and Pawpaw for going with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment