Thursday, November 25, 2010

SURPRISE!!!!!

I gave my mommy and daddy their biggest surprise on Saturday morning around 5:00am! I started my plan to get out of mommy's tummy by breaking her water. I had been hearing about a party that was planned a little later on that day and I did not want to miss out on all the fun! After talking with the doctor my mommy, daddy, mawmaw, pawpaw, mawmaw Deck, and aunt Susan all headed to the hospital. Mommy did really good with all the pain I was causing her and I was born at 5:55pm on Saturday November 6th. I weighed 5 lbs & .04 oz and was 19 inches long.

I decided to enter the world 5 1/2 weeks early. Since I was so early the doctors and nurses had the NICU doctors in the room to check me out. At first everything seemed fine, but I ended up going to the NICU after 45 minutes in the newborn nursery. I was having trouble inflating my lungs fully and I had jaundice. Check out all the pics of my stay in the NICU. I was there for 9 whole days and met lots of really nice nurses that looked after me. It was really hard on mommy and daddy while I was in the NICU because they never went home. They stayed by my side the entire time rooting me on to get well so we could go home together as a family.










No comments:

Post a Comment