Tuesday, March 15, 2011

4 Month Birthday

I turned 4 months old back on March 6th. Here are a few of my accomplishments and facts about me. A lot of the things I can do now I could do when I was 3 months old, but now I am just better at them.


At 4 months old I can:


*hold my head up really well without help
*lift my head up when I'm on my belly
*I smile ALL the time
*still trying to coo. I try all day long, but half the time no sounds come out of my mouth
*follow objects and people with my eyes
*grab objects and hold on tight (I have a strong hold)
*just beginning to reach for things
*drool ALL the time (Mommy has to keep a bib on me constantly)
*stick my entire hand or sometimes just a few fingers in my mouth
*drink 4-6 ounces from a bottle
*rub my eyes with my fists when I get tired
*sleep in my crib at night time for 5 hours
*I am starting to nap in my crib too
*still love bath time
*my hair is slowly growing in, but I have a big bald spot from rubbing my head back & forth
*my eyes are slowly changing color - they are gray now with a little green tint
*still wearing newborn size diapers
*beginning to wear 3 month size clothes (still a bit big on me though)
*I do not like tummy time yet (Mommy tries each day)


Things I like:

*smiling
*laughing
*cooing
*baths
*my bouncy seat
*my swing
*my ocean play mat
*Mommy/Daddy holding me & bouncing on the exercise ball
*toys with lights & music
*listening to music
*going for walks in my stroller & Bjorn
*people watching - I love to look around
*gripe water
*vitamin D drops
*my duck & monkey paci
*my crib
*sucking my fingers



Here are my stats from my 4 month check up

Height - 23 1/4 in & 75%

Weight - 9 lbs 13.5 oz & 12%

Head Circumfrence - 38 cm & 25%

***These percentiles are all on the preemie growth chart.***

Compared to my 2 month check up

Height - 21 1/4 in

Weight - 8 lbs 10 oz

Head Circumfrence - 36 cm


The immunizations I received at this appt and my 2 month appt were:
Hepatitis B, Polio, Pneumococcal Disease, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Rotavirus, Hib

No comments:

Post a Comment