Saturday, October 29, 2011

11 Month Birthday

I am almost 12 months old, but I wanted to update you all on my 11 month milestones.  Here are my newest accomplishments:

*I have increased my crawling speed and can get anywhere pretty fast!
*I am pulling up on everything I can.
*I like to walk up and down the couch, my crib, around the coffee table, etc.  You get the picture!
*I sometimes will walk while someone holds my hands, but will sit down as soon as I am tired of walking.
*I am in to EVERYTHING!  I pretty much never stop moving once I wake up in the morning until I go to sleep at night.
*I am still drinking 6 oz of milk (formula), but I also get a snack now!  My favorite is yogurt - so far I've had vanilla, vanilla strawberry, strawberry, strawberry banana, and peach.  Peach is my favorite!
*I am also chewing graham cracker pieces and puffs!  I LOVE to feed myself!
*I am eating solids for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I am working on eating more 'chunkier' solids.  So far I am not a fan of many textured foods.
*I do not care for applesauce though.
*At daycare my teachers are teaching me how to feed myself with a spoon, but so far at home I want Mommy and Daddy to feed me.
*My favorite fruit is mango and my favorite vegetable is sweet potatoes.
*I am holding my bottle a lot more now.
*I am starting to drink out of a cup.  I have to thicken my water so that I will not aspirate.  I am not a big fan of holding my cup, but hopefully will get better at it soon.
*I still only have my bottom 2 teeth.
*I still like putting everything I can into my mouth.
*I know my name and turn my head every time I hear it called.
*I am 'talking' all the time.  I say 'mumumu" and 'dududu' a lot.  I also have a VERY loud high pitch squeal.  I LOVE to hear myself so I squeal ALL the time!
*I enjoy being read to.
*I LOVE to smile and laugh!
*I am told a lot that I am super funny!
*My eye color is still hazel.
*My hair is still continuing to grow a lot!  It sticks straight up (just like Mommy's did when she was little) on top and is light brown.
*I am a great sleeper at night (usually sleep 12 hours each night), but not the best napper.  My naps each day could range from 30 minutes to 2 hours for the whole day.  I am inconsistent with my naps.
*I nap really well while riding in the car though.
*I am wearing 12 month clothes.
*I do not really like wearing socks.  I tend to pull them off quite a bit.
*I am learning to wear shoes.  At first I would just sit and cry when I had them on, but I am starting to get a little better.
*I am in size 3 diapers.
*I still love bath time.  I like trying to stand up while in the tub, but Mommy sits me down every time.  I enjoy my bath toys so much that I play with them whenever I can.
*I am only taking 2 ml's of Prilosec a day now for my acid reflux.  I think real soon I will not have to take any at all.  My spitting up has become so much better.
*I still go to feeding therapy every week.
*I like playing 'pat-a-cake'.
*I sometimes show anxiety towards strangers.
*I am holding my hand up to wave, but I do not move it.  It also serves as my high five.
*I hold out my arm for Daddy to give me a toy while in my car seat.
*I like putting small toys into cups and shaking them.
*I LOVE to push doors close and then open them.
*I like to carry toys with me while I am crawling around.
*I like trying to open the kitchen cabinet doors and drawers.
*I LOVE going up and down stairs and have mastered moving backwards to get to the stairs (I slide on my belly).
*I like to play in the refrigerator.  As soon as it opens I crawl straight to it and pull things off the bottom shelf.
*I enjoy shaking, banging, throwing, and dropping objects.
*My favorite toys are: remotes, phones, cords, diaper pails, and cups.  I like my kid toys too, but prefer all the things I am not allowed to have.
*I am starting to understand the word 'no' (sometimes) because I hear it often!
*I am learning to cry when I do not get my way.

I would not lay down like usual next to
the 11 month sign.  I wanted to
pull up and stand.
Tried to get the monthly picture to show my length
compared to my monkey, but I just wanted
to give it a hug.

My weight at 11 months is 20.3 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment