Thursday, February 17, 2011

3 Month Birthday

I turned 3 months old back on February 6th, but Mommy is just now getting around to posting my list of milestones.


At 3 months old I can:

*hold my head up for 10-15 seconds at a time when I being held (sometimes longer and sometimes shorter)
*lift my head up when I'm on my belly & someones' shoulder
*smile when people (especially Mommy & Daddy) talk to me and make funny noises & sounds
*laughed 3 big laughs twice now
*starting to coo...I try really hard
*follow people and objects with my eyes
*take one of my hands (usually my right hand) and put it in my mouth
*slobber quite a bit
*drink about 4 ounces from a bottle
*sit up with help from my Bumbo chair
*play on my ocean play mat independently
*sit in my bouncy seat and entertain myself usually by sucking on my fingers
*sit in my swing for only 5-10 minutes (not a big fan of my swing yet)
*lay on my belly and back in my Boppy pillow
*love to snuggle and sleep in Mommy & Daddy's arms
*love to sleep on my belly while laying on Mommy & Daddy's chest
*sleep around 5 hours during the night in my bassinet in Mommy & Daddy's room
*suck on my paci, but it falls out of my mouth a lot
*starting to grab things (Mommy & Daddy's fingers and Mommy's hair are my favorites)
*LOVE listening to music...especially when I'm in my car seat
*likes riding in the car (most of the time)
*very active with my arms and legs when laying on my back or sitting in my bouncy seat
*always moving my hands and fingers
*can wiggle my way to the bottom of my bassinet
*love to look/watch lights and ceiling fans
*likes bath time
*still do not have much hair, but I do have a bald spot on the back of my head from me moving my head back & forth
*my eyes are starting to change color from blue to grey/green
*my finger nails grow like crazy so I'm constantly scratching my face even though Mommy & Daddy file them regularly
*like to stretch all the time with my hands above my head and tuck my knees to my chest
*push off with my feet...especially when I'm sitting up on Mommy's lap and being burped
*keep my toes clinched pretty much all the time
*am growing out of some of my newborn clothes, but can still wear most of them
*still wearing newborn size diapers
*cough 3 times when I'm really mad & then I cry/scream


At 3 months old I officially weigh 9 pounds, 5.5 ounces and 21 inches long. My doctor said I am 5th percentile in my growth. I am a little guy now, but the doctor thinks I will catch up by (or even before) I turn one year old.





Mommy will take my picture each month with my monkey beside me. That's the monkey that Uncle Kory and Aunt Kori gave me when I was born. He stayed with me while I was in the NICU. He still has his hospital bracelet on his wrist if you look closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment